Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The House Hunt


I've been hesitant to post anything about "our house" since I realize anything can happen before the final closing. But I thought I'd give those interested a little update. 
Randy and I started looking for houses pretty seriously in February. We knew we didn't want to sign another lease on our apartment so we were aiming to buy a house by June. Since we travel a lot, the house hunting, offering, and closing process has been extra tricky. 
But! We found a great house in a great location that is move in ready, though we will do a lot a fixing up  along the way. The closing date has been pushed out a bit from the originally scheduled date. But all in all we are pretty excited.
This home buying process is new to us and it has definitely showed me some ugly things in my heart. I keep asking God to help me trust him through all of the details. Worrying accomplishes nothing. In the end it is JUST A HOUSE. It's all in God's hands, he knows what we need. We are hoping and praying that we can use this house to bless many others in the future. 
SO, that being said, who wants to come visit???!!!! =) 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely place!!! It'd be so fun to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so exciting for you guys! I can't wait to see what you two do with it. Praying for the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! You guys should come visit!!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations guys! It does look like a lovely house from the outside. I do hope we can see the photos of the inside as well. Anyway, good decision on buying a house for yourselves. After all, we don’t really want to live and grow old without having our own homes, right? Wishing you all the best! :D
    Denise Bolds @ Vancouver Canada Homes

    ReplyDelete