i'm sorry ladies, i just stole the most AMAZING HUSBAND!!
ok, before you start arguing with me, i just have to brag a little on what he did!!
so the other night i was kinda challenging his cooking skills. well, actually i was highly doubting them. i really figured all he knew how to make was toast and coffee! ;)
he quickly informed me that he took a cooking class once upon a time. so naturally i said, OK since you know how to cook, you're on for tomorrow night!! LOL that met a very frightened reply.
well, he came through! he decided he wanted to make artichoke chicken. so he found a recipe and we went shopping together for the ingredients.
the outcome? DELICIOUS!
i. was. amazed. (!!)
i'll share the recipe below. but just for a second, be amazed with me at my husband's skills...but don't be jealous. k? he's mine. all mine. :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until clear and golden.
- Place onion mixture in large bowl.
- Add chicken, artichoke hearts, mayo, sour cream, wine, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
this is the food.com version. randy added his own little twist. he cooked the chicken in a skillet, cooked the cream mixture in a separate skillet, prepared some pasta noodles and added them all together without baking. either way is delicious!!
thanks for letting me brag on my sweet husband just a little. now go enjoy a yummy artichoke chicken meal and brag on yourself. :)